Another week. Another Win.
Big, big, big week for me and ipso facto TWGO. I happened to get a yes on my wishlist...this shit never happens. Kam "Best Friend In My Head" Franklin replied with a yaaassss to doing an interview on this here podcast.
So in the words of Carlos - we in there! Dammit! We have a long way to go but you gotta know this is HUGE! I mean bigger than my titties huge! If you haven't had the opportunity or paid closer attention to any of my previous entries, take a second to learn yourself on the awesomeness of Ms Franklin here. You can thank me later - edible arrangements and cupcakes are accepted.
In other news, I really tried to bring Ashley's boo thang JJ "Bae Bae" Watts along for the ride but he's not playing the game just yet. But he's gonna learn...just not today. But we're doing the big ol' reach out and harrass to the people of our dreams - and best friends in our heads pretty heavy. And lucky for you these won't be the same boring interviews these will be fast, furious and obviously funny.
I've also concluded that I will not be engaging any attempts at all to enjoy Donald Glover/Childish Gambino's dick. As you'll discover in this week's mega episode we know the rule: sistas before mistas, dammit! So Ashley, cheers to you and enjoy finding the way...one day. Lenny, MJW, Ronnie, Rotimi and all male groupies - I'm still here ;-)
So where does that lead us? On to the next, obviously! Check this shit out and if you have suggestions or just want me to stop telling you all the pains of this here creative birth, let me know. I'm listening (well looking and reading but you can call us and tell us too and have the same impact)!
1. Equipment - so check this out. I need a strong willed assistant to go in my old truck, dig in the layoff box and get my headsets. yes, I could do it but I have a fear of something called bugs and who the fuck knows what's in there? Worst case I'll buckle down and have the glowworm fish it out in exchange for a handy.
2. Formality - I've almost given up but think we can pull this off pretty well. I'm more artsy so I'm the visual person so I'm officially blaming Ashley and her college degree in masscomm for this one. At least this week.
3. Sound - Adobe Audition is still the bees knees and gives me goosebumps when I open it and witness its magic. I'm thinking of being super ratch and start a gofundme to cover the cost of a copy. A small sacrifice for your ears and our success. Right?
4. Audience - So I've been chopping actual episodes into TWGO Bits (twig-oh bits) so you can get a little chuckle and intro into the fuckery we're bringing. So far, really good but I'm going to start dolling out full episodes pretty soon. The TWGO Bits will keep on coming - fear not. But they may be 1 a week opposed to 2-4 a week. So go out and keep telling your friends, neighbors, lovers, coworkers and exes...we won't embarrass you :-D
5. Musical Mastery - Because I don't want to seem creepy and obsessed I kept this at #5 - but I'm this close to getting me some QT with my IBFF Kam. I figure if I tone it down and not expect the serenade while doing handies and getting dimples or taking backshots this might work. Plus she's such a proper southern lady it may do me some good to be around someone of her ilk. But I do, absolutely do, reserve the right to change that because she's my IBFF and can hum us a theme song.
6. Interviews - Did I mention I'm right there on getting Kams (I gave her a nickname and only I know it)? We talked it over and came up with a pretty bomb as format for interviews - rapid fire, funny and honesty driven. I now just have to keep poking until I get all the interesting people I want...like Whoopi, Gabby, Oprah, Jared, Donald, Theo, Lenny. So many...and I'm still all the way here for this swingcast. Cause it will be EVERYTHING if we can pull it off.
7. Man Business - I told you all about Donald Glover/Childish Gambino (and the / is because someone mesasged me that some people may not know him as a rapper versus the guy from Community which is pretty shitty becuase I was so trying to see him cocky as fuck - no pun intended) being off-limits and between my interludes with GWs I'm chasing groupies. Not in that really whorish way people think of women who are open sexually but in that everyone should have a little bit of vag with them or a pair of pussyfeet. If you have other concerns about what that meant exactly, listen to the mega episode!
Making headway! So happy to see progress and be able to share with you all! As usual, my goal is to make you piss a little, share our inside jokes and be glad you found us – even after we get on.