So last week I started doing some tweeks to the site and because I have a tech spending problem bough yet another domain (I believe I'm sitting at 5 total). Not the ones I wanted in that "lets do this, dammit", moment but one that is still pretty dear to my asshole heart. So January 1, 2017, you'll get a redirect to my new blog. The magic of TWGO isn't going anywhere so fans fear not. Nicole is just finally taking 15 minutes to focus on the individual identifers about me.
There's also a secondary podcast in the works, Bad Advice, $1, which is the more mainstream side of Nicole and in someway aligns with some of the things developing a work. I mean I don't know if I'll stay at work, but I'd rather put the work in in preparation than piss away the chance.
So there you have it...and now you're all up to speed. For now. In totally unrelated news, I am typing almost futilely on this new laptop. Its one of 2 that I bought for TWGO stuff - one Chromebook which is dope as fuck, and a cloudbook stripped of its Redmond-borne identity and forced to run a linux distro. Ubuntu Studio, to be specific. It was hell to get the damn thing to cooperate because UEFI is a whole hoe and dual-booting was totally fruitless so now I have to figure out if wine is worth it for the few times i may need to run a windows program. So far I'm gonna say no and toss this jawn under my bed until time comes to edit stuff. But whatever you do kids, DONT get an Acer One Cloudbook without a Mavis Beacon typing test drive. Just trust me!
This will be a short post. So where to start.
Last week was my birthday...the 38th one. I'm banking on the 40th being the best thing you never hear about. And of course this weekend is the 4th of July which means 3 day weekend, heat exhaustion and my utter domination of the neighborhood fireworks scene because as usual I will crush ever single garage pyrotechnic in eastern Spring. I can't lose.I refuse to.
But on the show front, been working on some fun new things and a little something called youtube. If you haven't heard of it you should look into - its going to be huge. Also be on the lookout for some new formatting items. Good stuff - so damn good!
So I'm signing off to sleep, pray and chase my dog with my drone. You kids be safe, have fun and if you can light it make sure it sparkles or explodes.
Another week. Another Win.
Big, big, big week for me and ipso facto TWGO. I happened to get a yes on my wishlist...this shit never happens. Kam "Best Friend In My Head" Franklin replied with a yaaassss to doing an interview on this here podcast.
So in the words of Carlos - we in there! Dammit! We have a long way to go but you gotta know this is HUGE! I mean bigger than my titties huge! If you haven't had the opportunity or paid closer attention to any of my previous entries, take a second to learn yourself on the awesomeness of Ms Franklin here. You can thank me later - edible arrangements and cupcakes are accepted.
In other news, I really tried to bring Ashley's boo thang JJ "Bae Bae" Watts along for the ride but he's not playing the game just yet. But he's gonna learn...just not today. But we're doing the big ol' reach out and harrass to the people of our dreams - and best friends in our heads pretty heavy. And lucky for you these won't be the same boring interviews these will be fast, furious and obviously funny.
I've also concluded that I will not be engaging any attempts at all to enjoy Donald Glover/Childish Gambino's dick. As you'll discover in this week's mega episode we know the rule: sistas before mistas, dammit! So Ashley, cheers to you and enjoy finding the way...one day. Lenny, MJW, Ronnie, Rotimi and all male groupies - I'm still here ;-)
So where does that lead us? On to the next, obviously! Check this shit out and if you have suggestions or just want me to stop telling you all the pains of this here creative birth, let me know. I'm listening (well looking and reading but you can call us and tell us too and have the same impact)!
1. Equipment - so check this out. I need a strong willed assistant to go in my old truck, dig in the layoff box and get my headsets. yes, I could do it but I have a fear of something called bugs and who the fuck knows what's in there? Worst case I'll buckle down and have the glowworm fish it out in exchange for a handy.
2. Formality - I've almost given up but think we can pull this off pretty well. I'm more artsy so I'm the visual person so I'm officially blaming Ashley and her college degree in masscomm for this one. At least this week.
3. Sound - Adobe Audition is still the bees knees and gives me goosebumps when I open it and witness its magic. I'm thinking of being super ratch and start a gofundme to cover the cost of a copy. A small sacrifice for your ears and our success. Right?
4. Audience - So I've been chopping actual episodes into TWGO Bits (twig-oh bits) so you can get a little chuckle and intro into the fuckery we're bringing. So far, really good but I'm going to start dolling out full episodes pretty soon. The TWGO Bits will keep on coming - fear not. But they may be 1 a week opposed to 2-4 a week. So go out and keep telling your friends, neighbors, lovers, coworkers and exes...we won't embarrass you :-D
5. Musical Mastery - Because I don't want to seem creepy and obsessed I kept this at #5 - but I'm this close to getting me some QT with my IBFF Kam. I figure if I tone it down and not expect the serenade while doing handies and getting dimples or taking backshots this might work. Plus she's such a proper southern lady it may do me some good to be around someone of her ilk. But I do, absolutely do, reserve the right to change that because she's my IBFF and can hum us a theme song.
6. Interviews - Did I mention I'm right there on getting Kams (I gave her a nickname and only I know it)? We talked it over and came up with a pretty bomb as format for interviews - rapid fire, funny and honesty driven. I now just have to keep poking until I get all the interesting people I want...like Whoopi, Gabby, Oprah, Jared, Donald, Theo, Lenny. So many...and I'm still all the way here for this swingcast. Cause it will be EVERYTHING if we can pull it off.
7. Man Business - I told you all about Donald Glover/Childish Gambino (and the / is because someone mesasged me that some people may not know him as a rapper versus the guy from Community which is pretty shitty becuase I was so trying to see him cocky as fuck - no pun intended) being off-limits and between my interludes with GWs I'm chasing groupies. Not in that really whorish way people think of women who are open sexually but in that everyone should have a little bit of vag with them or a pair of pussyfeet. If you have other concerns about what that meant exactly, listen to the mega episode!
Making headway! So happy to see progress and be able to share with you all! As usual, my goal is to make you piss a little, share our inside jokes and be glad you found us – even after we get on.
Welcome to week 3, entry 3, and for the Cavs congrats on game 3! Way too much has happened for me to even begin to think I’d cover everything, but all in all very productive. Few website tweaks, introduced the world to TWGO Bits (pronounced twig-oh bits) and worked on some fancy artsy shit for the delight of your eyeballs. I also tried my hand at managing twitter for an hour and let me tell you something. That shit is the devil incarnate! I swear I looked down at the computer and when I looked up again I’d given birth, bought a house and was in line at heavens gates. I don’t know how people do it all day long but that also explains why people are such dicks now. I lost my whole night to twitter and I cannot let that happen again!
I have to say the wish list which was born from a to-do list has turned into a monska (not to be confused with monster which is an energy drink or a terrifying animal or being hellbent on bringing your life to a violent end). But its going to get done. Swear to Bob as Jose always says before googling everything I sa So without further ado, let me run down the goings on of this production. Which is back to a working title; currently I like "we on some grown woman handle business shit so what reason do you have not to fuck with us now???”. I know – its super catchy.
So still a ways to go, but getting better each week. I’m pretty proud of what’s happened here and hope to make you guys proud as we crank up the old laugh meter. Know that each week my goal is to make you piss a little, share our inside jokes and be glad you found us – even after we get on.
So its week 2...episode 3 is in the books and boy oh boy was it something. I turned to the todo list and knocked out some bigguns (i.e. the michelada recipe, storage and distribution) but still have a long way to go (I've not found my six degrees of separation to Childish Gambino, but hang in there) in the coming weeks. While we got some serious credit from content managers at a few outlets for format, chemistry and entertainment value, we got our teeth kicked in over technical things. All welcome feedback and truthfully expected (I'm a realist kids).
So with a new boost in confidence, a tentative schedule and my organization skills in full blown bitch mode, shit is about to go the fuck down. Period.
From hijacking work computers to mix and produce audio, to ordering hardware to make for a more pleasurable listener experience, we're in this for the long haul. And I can't emphasize enough how all of this is for your listening pleasure. Not our pleasure, your pleasure. 'Cause we're pleasers. And are pleased when we pleasure you. I'll stop there before it gets graphic - our mothers might read this and start listening and I'd hate to bill Ms Ruthie $25/hour.
Back to the updated, publicly posted "if we don't do this you have the right to fuck us up" wishlist:
So this is where we are. This is what we are doing. And hopefully bring us a little closer to getting on.
Its been a wild, wild week for me between work, personal stuff, my dick in a box business and this here podcast. We got 2 episodes under our belt, while fighting and recording through technical difficulties. I threw together a site that looks way more professional that we would ever possibly behave. Made some offensive comments about little people and still had the time of my month. How bout that?!?!?
So I'm still learning and trying to figure our more of this podcast thing and like so many of my projects, I jump in head first, sink or swim. I don't recommend that for everyone but if you're foolhearted and fearless enough it works. And considering we had the idea to do this 2 years ago and life happened in between, it was time to shit or get off the pot, you know?
So I gave this bitch an enema and we shit. A lot. I mean a lot a lot.
So now its on to formatting...kinda know what type of show this is going to be. We know the kind of people we are so we just have to add to it. Do we get guest? Do we do interviews? Do we go to office spaces and randomly flash conference rooms and run out (stick a pin in that one)? Maybe have random fans call in? Only time will tell and since its our show, anything's possible. So I think to keep this train on track and moving forward, I'm going to add a wishlist to this thing so we can be held accountable.
I still need to figure out what type of storage solution to use to save these podcast files and an easier way to edit which will probably be way less work as we go along. So let's add that onto the list of wishes below:
- gain listeners!!!
- find a manageable storage option
- get The Suffers as our house band or to at least play my 40th birthday party
- get on npr and any other distro
- do episodes with Marc Maron and Aisha Tyler
- see Childish Gambino's man parts
- nail a bangin' michelada recipe
- figure out my single life woes
So this is where we start. This is what we will do. And hopefully how we get on.